Wednesday 27 July 2011

Appam:

Appam is one of the famous  south Indian dish.. It is a small round shaped rice cake made out of rice,urad dal & oil. I tasted this for the 1st time @ my friend’s place. It was so soft & smooth that when I placed in my mouth It melted & the taste was awesome with coconut chutney . Looking at the dish when it was served gave a sense of peace in mind as both appam & chutney were white – the colour of purity.. I tried  it @ home and everyone liked it & I thought of sharing this recipe .....so friends here it is.....



Ingredients:
1/2 cup urad dal
2 cup rice
Oil for frying
salt

Method:
Soak rice and dal  for 3-4 hours.Grind them & make  a smooth paste. Put it in a bowl & allow it to ferment for 8-10 hours.
Now take the batter ,add salt and mix well.
 Heat appam pan and add some oil to all the moulds. Now fill the moulds with batter and prepare appam .Cook on both sides. 






Serve hot with coconut chutney or sambar. The taste will be doubled when the recipe is served in a banana leaf.

0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment