Wednesday 25 July 2012

creamy pasta salad..


Last month I went to one of my friend’s  birthday party.. There 1st time I had one creamy pasta salad..what a pretty salad it was..It was amazing...i just loved that & immediately I decided to make that pasta salad @ my home. I love pasta and if it is creamy then i double love it..The creamy pasta, juicy tomatoes and crunchy veggies  would make for a great combo! I couldn’t wait to make it. I made the salad & it came out very well & was so delicious. My husband loved it as well & wanted to eat the whole bowl :) ...so friend here is recipe..:)



Mix pasta –500 gms  (I mixed penny pasta, tie pasta & macaroni)
1 cucumber chopped
½ cup onion chopped
½ cup sweet corn
½ cup Celery
1 tsp chilli flakes
½ cup chopped Green pepper
½ cup chopped tomatoes/ Grape tomatoes
1 cup Mayonnaise
2-3 tbsp sour cream
2tblsp  small cubed or shredded sharp cheddar cheese 
1 tsp black pepper powder
salt as per the taste
½ tsp garlic powder

Method:


Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain. Run cold water over the top until the pasta is cooled.
Take a large bowl . Whisk  mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chilli flakes, garlic powder & salt together. Stir cooled pasta, tomatoes & all veggies  into the dressing. Toss to combine. You can eat right away, or  Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
You could also add cooked chicken, cooked shrimp, crab meat, tuna or bacon if desired.




0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment