Monday 17 February 2014

Ajwain Nan khatai


Ajwain Nan Khatai...sounds different!! is not it???  I had been to a friend's house for tea party and she offered me this cookie.. Just loved it while sipping my tea with it. Thought of baking it in my oven too. So I had all the ingredients in my pantry &  I baked these Delicious cookies. Believe me Just loved to inhale the smell of the carom seeds while baking..finally made the best cookies ever & the best part is it is incredibly easy to make...so easyyy...not to worry we will walk through this recipe step by step...it is super simple..








Ingredients:

All Purpose Flour / Maida : 1 cup
Powdered Sugar : 1/2 cup
Ghee / Butter- 1/2 cup, softened but not melted
Cardamom Powder : 1 tsp
Ajwain/ carom seeds- 1tblsp
Baking soda- ½ tsp

Method:

Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.  Grease the baking tray. I have used cooking spray to bake my nan khatai.
Take bowl. Mix flour , ajwain, cardamom powder& baking powder in a bowl. Set it aside.

Now Mix the butter and sugar together. Butter should be soft. Whip butter/ ghee and sugar till light and creamy in the help of spoon of electric hand beater. 

 Now fold in flour and knead well with your hands. The dough should be soft. if u will find the dough is hard then add little bit curd or milk.
 Divide the dough into equal parts and make them square size with the help of your palms.  and garnish with carom seeds. Bake the prepared cookies for 15 to 18 minutes . 
Then remove from the oven and let them cool down for 2-3 minutes before taking them of the baking sheet. Allow them to cool on a wire rack and store in a airtight container.





0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment