Monday 19 May 2014

Chocolate burfi with ricotta cheese

A simple easy to make, quick and delicious sweet.. My husband is a huge lover of sweets. So for his birthday , I decided  to make something in sweets , so I  prepared pineapple cake, mango custard and this chocolate burfi. 

Then one thing came to my mind that,  why not to try the burfi with ricotta cheese as I had a packet of ricotta cheese sitting in my fridge. After finishing cakes & custard, I started to make this burfi.

Initially I didn't think about to make chocolate burfi , I decided to make normal burfi only but  Immediately I thought to add some choco chips  while making the burfi , then thought why not add some nuts in here for a crunchy bite to the burfi.
It tastes absolutely awesome and the husband loved it too...If you are a chocolate lover – you should try this recipe.  so lets start the recipe...




Ingredients:

1 small tin of sweetened condensed milk
Milk powder- 2 tblsp (optional)
Ricotta cheese-450gm
Butter/ ghee - 2tblsp
1/3 cup Cocoa powder / Chocolate chips 8 oz
¼ tsp  cardamom powder
Chopped Nuts for garnishing

Method

Take a non-stick pan/ kadhai. Melt butter, add the ricotta cheese, stir well  on medium-high flame  until mixture leaves the pan. Now add condensed milk, milk powder, cocoa powder and cardamom powder. As we are using condensed milk so stir it continuously not to let it stick to bottom and burn. 

Cook over medium heat until mixture becomes thick and leaves the sides of the pan.
Pour mixture in prepared greased tin and refrigerate for 30 mts.
Cut in desired shape. Serve at room temperature.





0 Feel free to share your comments:

Post a Comment